OnePlus was the leader when it came to offering timely Android software updates to its users.
However, in recent years, the commitment OnePlus made to its users for years, seems to be fading away.
Coming to the point, unlocked OnePlus 8 owners have been enjoying the latest Android 11 software on their devices since October 2020.
However, OnePlus 8 T-Mobile or Verizon variant owners have been unlucky all this time.
That is until now.
OnePlus 8 owners rocking either the Verizon or T-Mobile carrier-locked variants are now finally getting to experience the latest Android 11 update on their device.
How to Update OnePlus 8 Verizon & T-Mobile Variant to Android 11?
Below are the steps you need to follow to update the OnePlus 8 T-Mobile and Verizon variants to the latest Android 11 software version.
- Navigate to the “Settings” menu on your Android device.
- Scroll down within the Settings menu until you find the “Software Update” option.
- Click on “Software Update”, and in the new window that appears, search for any new software update releases in case the search doesn’t happen automatically.
- When a new software release is detected, you will be prompted for the same.
- Download & install the latest Android 11 software update for OnePlus 8 on your device.
Once the Android 11 OnePlus 8 update is downloaded and you select to install the same, it will take about 5-10 minutes for the update to complete the installation.
So, wait patiently!
Also, keep in mind that not all OnePlus 8 T-Mobile or Verizon users will get the Android 11 update at the same time.
As a usual process, the Android 11 update for T-Mobile and Verizon OnePlus 8 devices will be rolled-out in phases.
So, if you haven’t received the update yet, keep searching for new updates on your device as you will definitely get it within the next few days.